Friday, November 19, 2010

NOVEMBER, A TIME OF SADNESS AND THANKSGIVING

As most of you know, November is not my favorite month. 23 years ago today I said goodbye to my best friend, my husband of 35 years, my kid's daddy and my grandbabies "haha". Bittersweet, because we had a good marriage. (altho, I do believe it gets better as years go by) you seem to forget the lows and really remember the highs. November, we celebrate Thanksgiving and get ready for Christmas, probably one of the busiest times of the year.

My dad died on Nov. 30th, just a few days after Thanksgiving. We had turkey day at our house and as usual my folks thanked us and gave me a kiss. Unusual tho, my dad also gave me a hug and said it was the best thanksgiving he had ever had. Those were the last words I would ever hear from him, as the next Tuesday morning when my mom went to get him, he had slipped off to meet Jesus sometime during the night. They even had reservations to go to Las Vegas later that week.

My sister died on the way to a hospital on Oct. 30th, (close enough to November for me) Numerous other family members also left us in November.

Yesterday, two of my grandchildren lost the only Grandpa they ever knew. Jack Dukes, Robert Sahinbas' stepdad. My thoughts and prayers are with you Wayne and Alyssa. Our very good friend, Sherri (my adopted daughter) flew to Boston last night along with her granddaughters and Nichoel to be at the bedside of her daught Penny who is losing her battle with cancer. When Penny goes to meet her Savior, she will leave behind two daughters who are in their late teens and who really need their Mom, but God has other plans for them.

Several years ago I mentioned to my friend Sandy about hating November (she too does not like it much). Any how on Nov. 1st she called me and said meet me at the curb, I'm on my way to a meeting, so I walked outside and there she was with a basket of flowers "to make my November better" They survived about two weeks and then they too were gone. How thoughtful is that .
I had forgotten I had even mentioned this to her.

Yes, Nov is a tough month in the Webb household, but it also has it's bright spots. Erick and Shannon are in New York (so I can relive memories of my trip to the big apple thru their visit)
Alyson and Mike and the boys will be here for the holiday and we will celibrate Bennett's 2nd birthday while they are here and Beth is planning to come for his birthday.

To all my family and friends who have gone before me to be with their heavenly father know that I know GOD IS IN HIS HEAVEN AND ALL'S WELL WITH THE WORLD. I miss you all and am grateful to have had you in my life.

No comments: